Subject: Re: mount a raidframe partition
To: Tobias Nygren <tnn@netilium.org>
From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <pbraun@nethence.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/14/2005 02:52:26
Quoting Tobias Nygren,
> START disks
> /dev/wd1e            [the RAID partition]
> absent
(snip)
> # raidctl -c raid3.conf raid3
> # disklabel raid3
> # mount -o ro /dev/raid3N /mnt

Thanks a lot for your advice. However, I'm afraid my issue is even worse
than that. The filsystems are deeply corrupted (async), according to the
last dmesg the sparc64 gave out. See below [1].

I need to fsck the filesystem before mounting it. And before mounting it,
NetBSD (i386 here, for a sparc64 configured disk) needs to find it. Hence
I added
     options         FFS_EI          # FFS Endian Independent support
in the kernel conf. Hope this help. But seems it doesn't, I still have
irrelevant disklabel outputs. It seems NetBSD/i386 thinks that's a DOS
partition table,

 a: 234441648         0     4.2BSD      0     0     0  # (Cyl.      0 -
232580)
 d: 234441648         0     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0 -
232580)

and doing `sunlabel /dev/wd1d` (instead of `sunlabel /dev/wd1c`) gives me,
    sunlabel> p
    Missing/invalid starting cylinder:

Looks like someone else had similar needs, but no answer was given yet,
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2004/07/13/0001.html

Thanks

[1]
The corruption is caused by a suddent freeze of the system, it may
possibly come from a SUN PROM bug, related or not to my LOM issue (added
port-sparc64 in the email buckle).

Here's the end of the booting output,
Starting file system checks:
1042308216 BAD I=9205
/dev/rraid0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck/dev/raid0a: file system not
clean (fs_clean=4); please fsck(8)
/dev/raid0a: lost blocks 0 files 0
_ffs MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed; help!
dev = 0x1900, block = 1501958, fs = /
panic: blkfree: freeing free frag
kdb breakpoint at 1335d58
Stopped in pid 183.1 (rm) at    netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        nop
db>

Note: can't 'bt' yet, no input from the terminal works because of the
supposed PROM bug. I am still looking for help on how to access to that
LOM again (see port-sparc64 mail archive).