Subject: Re: compat_solaris
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/05/2005 21:24:50
Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
>>> Hmm, now I get...
>>> Syntax error: ")" unexpected
>>> Apparently ktrace thinks it's a script for some reason. Odd.
>>
>> I think I've had similar problem, it turned out absolute symlinks in
>> /emul/* were messing things up. There are two solutions:
>>
>> 1) chroot under /emul/* and run your binary in a chrooted environment
>> 2) fix absolute symlinks to be relative
>
> I have svr4 and svr4_32 in /emul, both are symlinks pointing to
> /usr/emul/svr4 - I'll change them to be relative.
> What I find weird is that only opera seems to be affected - other
> dynamically linked Solaris binaries run just fine.

No, /emul/svr4 -> /usr/emul/svr4 symlink is fine.
What I meant was symlinks somewhere under /emul/svr4/lib,
/emul/svr4/usr/lib, /emul/svr4/usr/X11R6/lib, etc. If you have something
like:

/emul/svr4/lib/somelib.so -> /lib/somelib.so

This can cause problems. So you need to find if you have absolute
symlinks under /emul/*

cd /emul/svr4
for i in ./lib ./usr/lib ./usr/X11R6/lib
do
find $i -type l -exec ls -l {} \; | grep -e "-> /"
done