Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, port-sparc64@netbsd.org,>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/04/2005 17:44:51
In muc.lists.netbsd.port.sparc Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 11:21:14 -0800, glen mccready wrote:

>> > charles posted a work-around a while back that should help:
>> >
>> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/01/06/0006.html
>>
>> any idea when these workarounds will hit -current? :-)

>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2005/02/03/0015.html

Cool :-)

Now - can one of you tell me whether it's a good or bad idea to apply
those to 2.0.1 on sparc64?

I *am* having crashes that might be attributeable to "threads+swapping",
but I'm not using -current (but 2.0.1).  The suspect application is
"clamav-milter", built vs. system libpthread.

gert
--
I've got a signature breakdown! Anybody got a spare one?

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de