Subject: Re: panic: wdc_exec_command
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <eclipser23@web.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/17/2005 15:24:06

>>> Hum, I though this issue couldn't happen on 2.0. Ca you get a stack
>>> trace
>>> from here, to see from where this command comes from ?
>>>

>> I can't, I don't have serial interface set up yet, and when this panic
>> happens the terminal and keyboard are unresponsive. I guess it's
>> because
>> it happens at an early boot up stage :-/
>
> Well, OK. I think I've found the cause of this. Can you try the
> attached
> patch ? It's a back port of a similar change I did in current.
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>

hi all (and sorry for x-posting),

is it possible that this problem affects this (see my email to macppc,
[1]) misbehaviour which i saw on my G4 *and* on my G3 with every
-current released after 2.99.9?

this issue is still unresolved :( -- but meanwhile i got a serial port
into the G3 (b&w) so that i could supply more information if req'd.

regards,

timo

[1] -- http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2004/11/23/0002.html