Subject: partially disable serial BREAK?
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/16/2005 16:26:27
I run a headless sparc64 with serial console (ttya). Occassionally,
however, I want to temporarily use ttyb to enable my box as a serial
console for other headless machines -- but connecting/disconnecting
anything on ttyb invariably causes enough of a power flux on the port to
emulate a serial BREAK, at which point the kernel drops into ddb.
If I am on location I suppose I can just say continue in ddb and be happy,
but it is still inconvenient, at best.

I couldn't find much on google apart from an old kernel patch to
completely disable ddb on serial BREAK, and ddb(4) had no enlightenment
for me either.

I presume it is not possible to tell the kernel to ignore BREAKs on serial
ports that don't have a console device attached to them? Could I easily
patch it to work this way myself?

--
/ali
:wq