Subject: panic: wdc_exec_command
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/14/2005 18:39:19
Greetings, I built a kernel with various debugging options, this is from
netbsd-2-0 source tree which I downloaded last night. What I noticed was
adding 'options DIAGNOSTIC' causes kernel to panic on boot:

panic: wdc_exec_command: polled command not done
kdb breakpoint at 13ac460
Stopped in pid 5.1 (atabus1) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4: nop

bulding kernel without DIAGNOSTIC option makes it boot OK without any
panics.

man page says DIAGNOSTIC option will cause kernel to panic if it detects
corruption of internal datastructures etc, is this what's happening here?

PS. the kernel is acting up strangely in certain situations, that's why
I'm adding as much debugging as possible. It looks like it corrupts
itself, so some kernel parts work and some don't.