Subject: Re: Ultra 5 / 2.0 / panic: lockmgr: no context
To: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/12/2005 11:35:07
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:39:52AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:13:45PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> > I've just built and booted a new kernel, and will report tomorrow whether
> > it crashed (and if yes, whether I could type "bt" in ddb and get a back
> > trace, as has been recommended to me today).
> >
> > Also I'm running a "sysstat vmstat 1" in a ssh window right now, so
> > maybe that will tell me what the machine did before it died.  "top" didn't...
>
> OK, here we go.  Kernel is CVS "netbsd-2-0" as of yesterday evening,
> and the crash looks *different*.
>
> Machine crashed at 05:24 tonight, right in the middle of an amanda dump
> (so it was not "idle" today while crashing).
>
> Console showed the following messages:
> data fault: pc=11b0684 addr=0
> kernel fault 30: data access exception
> Stopped in pid 7266,1 (dump) at netbsd:unsleep:0x34:    ldx  [%g1 + %g0], %g1
> db>
>
> so, what to try next?

Hum. FYI, I had a U5/400Mhz panicing in weird ways. initially I suspected
memory, but the panic stopped when I reseated the CPU module. It's stable
since then (it's building binary packages). But I also had wierd messages
from the OFW, such as "RED state exeption".

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>