Subject: Follow-up: Problem : can't determine root device
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Julien Aube <jaube@nist.gov>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/11/2005 23:06:56
Just to let you know that I recompiled the kernel with the line :
config         netbsd  root on sd0a type ffs
as matthew suggested, and it worked perfectly.

I'll start to look into the problem of the bus_class_tab[], I'll have to
become familiar to NetBSD beforehand however.

Also, I tried to compile the ffb code, the floppy driver code and the
multiprocessor code (I know, I like to try things !), it look like they
come straight from the "sparc" architecture somehow.
I'll upgrade to 2-current kernel and give another look, I might be able
to help on some parts. I might even learn something in the process...

I'll the list know.

Julien