Subject: Re: Alternative ways to Install
To: Stephen Young <youngsw@gmail.com>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/11/2005 09:38:04
On Mon, Jan 10 2005 - 20:32, Stephen Young wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am new to a few things, this list, sun workstations
> and netbsd :D  I have used freebsd, openbsd, and linux in the past, but
> this is my first install of netbsd.  I have heard so many good things
> about it.
>
> I am wanting to install netbsd on a sun ultra 10 workstation, I have
> the open boot bios configured as far as I can tell, aliases set up for
> harddrive and cdroms.

I downloaded the sparc64.iso (seen on every good FTP site ;), burned
with cdrecord (on my i386 laptop) and boot my U5 with it. It also
installed my U10 & U5 at work. It should install your ;)

ftp://ftp2.fr.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/iso/2.0/sparc64cd.iso

--
,-- This mail runs ---------.
`------------ NetBSD/i386 --'