Subject: Ultra 5 / 2.0 / panic: lockmgr: no context
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/11/2005 09:07:42
Hi,

all of a sudden, my Ultra 5 with NetBSD 2.0 on it is acting up.

Every night between 2 and 5 a.m. - usually at a time with *NO* major
activity going on at all (!) - the machine dies.  Sometimes, there is
no console message at all, sometimes it prints this:

-------------- snip ---------------
panic: lockmgr: no context
Begin traceback...
End traceback...
syncing disks...
-------------- snip ---------------

and I can break into DDB and reboot (if I type "sync", it will panic,
print a traceback, and reboot by itself).

I've googled and found a reference to netbsd bug "kern/11160", but can't
seem to find out whether this has been resolved, or is still open - the
bug database on www.netbsd.org lists it as "open".

Before this problem started, I had done some major pkg updates - perl 5.6
and spamassassin 2.64 to perl 5.8.6 and spamassassin 3.0.1.  Also this
machine is doing some more UUCP spooling activity nowadays (but still
very light load only).

This is NetBSD 2.0 (from CVS), Sparc64, Ultra 5.  Two IDE drivers, with
a raidframe raid on them (not full disks, just some 10 Gbyte of it).   The
hardware and RAID configuration was not changed since a year or longer.

Any ideas what might be triggering it?  And (even better) how to avoid
triggering it?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de