Subject: Re: compat_netbsd32 problems
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/09/2005 00:21:48
On Jan 8, 2005, at 9:51 PM, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
> Greetings, I'm struggling to get 32-bit binaries working with 64-bit
> netbsd-2.0 kernel. I unpacked 32-bit base.tgz set and copied lib,
> libexec into /emul/netbsd32, usr/lib usr/libexec into
> /emul/netbsd32/usr
>
> From base.tgz 32-bit binaries under bin work fine, but almost any
> binary under usr/bin gives:
>
> Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
> Am I missing something?

They are not being recognized as binary executables - the
system thinks they are shell scripts.

I would say to use "ldd" and "ktrace" to see what's happening,
but you do not say whether you are talking about binaries in
/usr/bin or /emul/netbsd32/usr/bin.  If the latter, then
use "/usr/bin/ldd" and "/usr/bin/ktrace" to see what the
system thinks those binaries are (ldd), and where it goes to
look for things (shared libraries, etc.) when it runs (ktrace).

	- Greg