Subject: Re: Re: Re: "overlaps section .rodata" on kernel build
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/08/2005 13:54:24
On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:33:20PM +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> right, so I commented out a lots of things (thX sysutils/adjustkernel ;) and
> the kernel compiled till the end !
>
> what looks strange is that the kernel is 5.6M... the same size as GENERIC...

File size doesn't mean much, you need to use size(1) or objdump(1). Also
I would not set commonly used definitions as CFLAGS and friends in mk.conf,
they just have too global impact. For kernel build look at sys/conf/Makefile.kern.inc
and set specificly what you need. I also don't see a reason not to use compiler
optimisation.

	Andrey