Subject: re: 32-bit packages
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/08/2005 13:07:04
   Greg Troxel wrote:
   > Also, I would expect that setting up a pkg_comp chroot area with sparc
   > (vs. sparc64) binaries should work fine, since that will run the
   > 32-bit compiler with 32-bit headers.

   Can't I install 32-bit libraries under /emul/netbsd32, use 64-bit gcc
   which was installed with the base system and add '-m32' flag to it? Here
   I'm assuming that gcc knows where to find 32-bit libraries and general
   header files are the same for 32 and 64-bit architectures. Would that work?

it's supposed to work but i think it still isn't 100% there.  it's on my
list of things to do in my copious spare time. :-)

.mrg.