Subject: Re: wscons
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/01/2005 20:03:49
Hello,

> it was working w/ the ffb patches, but some recent change broke it.
> i've
> been trying to track it down, but have sporadic time.  ATM, I believe
> it
> is either a problem with the translation of keycodes to ascii (keycode
> ->
> wscons events works) or recognition of the keyboard type.  I have all
> day
> tomorrow to work on it....

Some observations:
- it isn't wskbd - my USB keyboard works just fine.
- no one ever seems to call wssunkbd_enable() - calling it by hand
didn't make it work but now the caps-lock LED blinks correctly and I
get 'unexpected scancode' from the kernel.
Apparently wskbd expects the keyboard device in an initialized state
but the current code leaves it inactive for some reason.

have fun
Michael