Subject: X server for Krups (Re: console, XFree and such)
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/01/2005 21:16:05
On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 14:24:31 +0000, Matt Dainty wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 14:15, Michael wrote:
> > Hello,

> > > What would be the chances of this also working on Krups JavaStation?
> >
> > Umm, is this a PCI or an SBus device? PCI should work without changes.
> > If  the OFW properties for SBus framebuffers are the same as for PCI
> > then it should also work, with minor changes.
>
> It's the weirdy 32-bit Sparc with OFW & PCI. Text mode works, but from
> failing miserably to get X working myself on it, I'm not sure if getting
> X working this way would be easier rather than trying to drive the
> framebuffer hardware directly, if I understand what this does correctly.

OFW in Krups is special in many ways to put it mildly, so I wouldn't
be surprised if it's framebuffer node has its quirks.

Also, a proper X driver for IGS cards would be nice anyway, as the
~same card is used in Netwinder and Shark.

BTW, Kdrive server (that we don't build under NetBSD) already has a
driver for IGS CyberPro 5k series - Xserver/hw/kdrive/igs (Netwinder
and Shark have 2010, Krups has 1682).

SY, Uwe