Subject: Re: Why is the 1.6.2 iso image still buggy (RAID1 bootblock bug
To: None <eclipser23@web.de>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/01/2005 03:05:11
> on sparc64s' home this is stated:
>
> '2004-06-22: Booting from root on RAID 1 fixed.
> A simple bug in the bootblock forth code has been fixed so now bootin=
g =

> from a root file system on a Raid Frame RAID 1 device is possible.'
>
> when RAID0ing my U2E for testing, i ran into this using a fresh =

> downloaded sparc64 iso image :(
>
> of course, trying this with 2.0 went fine -- but after all, why isn't=
 a =

> bug-fixed 1.6.2 iso supplied?

Well, most probably because there are other severe problems with
sparc64 on 1.6.2; I beleive the compiler being one of them, and that
it's not the only largish problem with that combination.

I think your best bet is to use 2.0 on sparc64, or... 2.0.1 when that
comes out -- a couple of important fixes for fatal problems in the
sparc64 port didn't make the cut for 2.0.  We hope to push out 2.0.1
for sparc64 relatively quickly.

> ps: happy new year!

Same to you.

Regards,