Subject: Re: RAID1 bootblocks for 2.0 (and more ramblings)
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/12/2004 15:38:20
* On 2004-12-12 at 15:08 GMT, Havard Eidnes wrote:

> > Can you not also use "swapoff=YES" in rc.conf? I have that in mine
> > on my Ultra1 and Alpha's, which if memory serves is for this very
> > problem.
>
> Yes, and the default from /etc/defaults/rc.conf is swapoff=NO.  I've
> recently verified that adding "swapoff=YES" to /etc/rc.conf fixes
> this specific problem when installing 2.0 on a raidframe RAID1 on
> i386.

Ahh yes, that's all my own fault - the Guide specifies to add this,
but I thought it was only necessary when first bring up the half
mirror, and so I removed it when ~everything was working.

  /dev/rraid0c: Parity status: clean

Thanks for the cluebat,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/