Subject: Display / Keyboard problems?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Konrad Neitzel <neitzel@neitzel.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/04/2004 13:44:32
Hi All,

sorry, that I have to bother you again, but I ran into some more problems.

Now I got also a Ultra 60 that was used as a server before (Booting over
network with a console connected to it or something like that).

I can start it and I get a Message of OpenBoot on my display. But then
nothing happens and STOP A didn't get me to my OK Pronpt.

At startup I can press STOP N to reset values. He does it (Message tells
it to me, before I get the OpenBoot Message. After that, I have the same
as above: I see the testing of Memmory and then nothing more. STOP A
doesn't do anything.

I can get to a OK promt:
When starting the System, the LEDs of the keyboard blinks once ... after
a short while, they blink again ... and then a third time ... I can
press STOP A now and get to a OK Prompt.

When I look at printenv, everything looks fine for me. Input-Device is
keyboard, output-device is screen. nvramrc is empty and it isn't used.

When I try "boot cdrom" with netbsd cdrom inside, nothing that I can see
happens (For a short time I get a message, that the memory is checked
.... and then nothing more happens ....)

The Ultra 60 has a PCI Graphics Card. It has wrtitten on it "Tech-Source
RAPTOR GFX" in PCI slot 1.

I searched a little and found, that PCI Cards should be supported. In
the Sun Documentation "805-7770-11" I found "If no other frame buffers
are present in a Sun Ultra 30 or Sun Ultra 60, then the
PGX32 card is the console by default, provided that the board is in a
valid probed
PCI slot."

I checked the pcib-probe-list setting and found there: 1,3,2,4,5
pcia-proble-list is 1

I tested the display with "test screen" and it seems to work fine.

Anything else, that i can try or what I can do?

Any suggestions are welcome.

With kind regards,

Konrad Neitzel

--