Subject: Re: Installing X11 on Ultra 1
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Konrad Neitzel <neitzel@neitzel.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/02/2004 12:30:40
Hi all!

Thank you for all great answers. I read most of them quickly and found
lots of things, I could try next.

The thing, that I find amazing, is: There is not all this Configuratio
stuff, because it will run out of the box without all stuff I know from
my x86 hardware... Great. A really good prove, that I bought me the
right christmas present for myself (Sun Ultra 60 at eBay ... Hope to get
it tomorrow :) )

The Card is recognized by the kernel. Sorry, but I wrote downa lot of
information this morning, but now I am at work and left it behind. I
will deliver all information this evening to you, after I checked the
information I got from Timo.

Timo: Thank you! Lots of information in your forwarded Mails! I will
check them and maybe I will find the solution. (The Sun should be a
Ultra 1 Creator - the "Creator" seems important - I found it in your
messages, so maybe you sent me the solution already!)

This list will get a summary of what status I have, what I tried and
what log messages I got.

And again: Thank you to all. It is a great experience to get these good
answers that fast (Maybe I wasted to much time with Windows and Linux
Newsgroups / Maillists in the past, where a lot of Mails/Postings are
"noise" only).

With kind regards,

Konrad Neitzel

--