Subject: Re: making firefox LP64 clean
To: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/30/2004 16:46:15
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Gert Doering wrote:
> The pkgsrc maintainers overall do an astonishing job, but much of the
> original code is just too centered to "all int data types (except char
> and short) are 32 bit" and "all CPUs use i386 byte ordering"...

Yes, see the "Fighting the Lemmings" talk that didn't take place at
EuroBSDCon 2004. Martin kindly provided me with the PDF of the talk,
see http://www.feyrer.de/PGC/Fighting_the_Lemmings.pdf.
It should be whacked over everyones of these programmers' head.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)