Subject: Re: PCI IDE controllers
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Philip Jensen <phil_jensen@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/24/2004 09:16:09
--------------060508080800080405060906

Hi

A quick search of the NetBSD archives brought up this post (which you
may be referring to):-

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2003/12/27/0001.html

I tried some time ago to get a PCI IDE card working in an Ultra 10, but
failed :-(

cheers
Phil J

Chris Ross wrote:

>   Hey there.  I have an Ultra 60 here at work, and would love to
> replace it's CD-ROM w/ a CD-RW/DVD-RW drive.  But, of course,
> the ultra-60 is a SCSI-only system.  I saw someone post on this
> list a year or so ago about getting a CMD 649 based controller
> working on an Ultra, and am wondering if anyone has any brand
> or part numbers that I could search for.
>
>   I'd like it to work for the OBP booting, and for solaris,
> since until the SMP support is working in sparc64, I'm stuck
> running solaris...  :-/
>
>   Thanks!
>
>                       - Chris

--------------060508080800080405060906

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi<br>
A quick search of the NetBSD archives brought up this post (which you
may be referring to):-<br>
I tried some time ago to get a PCI IDE card working in an Ultra 10, but
failed :-(<br>
cheers<br>
Phil J<br>
Chris Ross wrote:<br>
&nbsp; Hey there.&nbsp; I have an Ultra 60 here at work, and would love to
replace it's CD-ROM w/ a CD-RW/DVD-RW drive.&nbsp; But, of course,
the ultra-60 is a SCSI-only system.&nbsp; I saw someone post on this
list a year or so ago about getting a CMD 649 based controller
working on an Ultra, and am wondering if anyone has any brand
or part numbers that I could search for.
&nbsp; I'd like it to work for the OBP booting, and for solaris,
since until the SMP support is working in sparc64, I'm stuck
running solaris...&nbsp; :-/
&nbsp; Thanks!
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Chris

--------------060508080800080405060906--