Subject: Re: problem compiling gnustep
To: Mehul N. Sanghvi <msanghvi@quallaby.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/16/2004 20:19:11
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Mehul N. Sanghvi wrote:

> 'allo,
>
>      I was trying to compile GNUstep on my Ultra2/NetBSD 2.0RC4 system

Last I looked, GNUstep won't run correctly on LP64 platforms even
if you can get it compiled.

I tried it on alpha last spring, and it failed miserably. The installation
went fine and some core programs even seemed like they started,
but then I ran into some problems with the GUI stuff -- but the problem
really is in GNUstep core libraries, which the (core) GUI stuff was using.
I've  been meaning to look  into it, but have not had any time yet (plus, I
meant to look into it on a sparc64 machine, but the state of NetBSD-current
on sparc64 is so bad that that didn't work either...)