Subject: New snapshot available
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/06/2004 12:37:54
Howdy all,

I recently built a snapshot of -current and put it in the following
location:
ftp ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/20041015

I finally got around to trying the miniroot installer and it fails to
disklabel the target disk if you try the "install" method (as opposed
to upgrade or reinstall).  Actually, it seems to toast the disklabel
and bootblk.

Also, files seem to mysteriously disappear when using a -current
kernel.  They're really still there, but don't show up in the various
unix commands (ls, du, tar, and so on).  This problem is present even
when using a -current kernel with a 2.0 userland.  Also, I've seen some
"bad sectors" on my disk which weren't really bad.  Something with SCSI
seems to be screwey.

Otherwise, feel free to have fun with the snapshot.

BTW, does anyone know why my system won't autoboot?  It almost always
gives me a "Trap 3e" right after a reset, but I can always boot from
the OF "ok" prompt.

ok boot disk -s
Resetting ...

Sun Ultra 30 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-II 296MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.27, 256 MB memory installed, Serial #9596638.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:92:6e:de, Host ID: 80926ede.

Rebooting with command: boot disk -s
Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0  File and args: -s
Trap 3e
ok boot disk -s
Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0  File and args: -s
NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
 >> NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.8
 >> (mw@, Sat Oct 16 05:06:39 PDT 2004)

   -- MW