Subject: re: sleep forever bug - not fixed :-(
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/06/2004 17:12:58
   Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 07:14:20AM +1100, matthew green:

   >    On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 08:58:35PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
   >
   >    > the bug fix may have helped - but it hasn't fixed everything :-(
   >
   >    I'm not surprized.  Did you attempt to analyze the hang?
   >

   > it's not hung.  it's still able to act as an NFS server... so i haven't
   > bothered rebooting.  and because it's busy, i haven't gone poking again
   > yet... last i knew hardclock() called softintr_schedule(softclock_si)
   > but the softclock intr is never seen.. hardclock() does this at 100hz as
   > one would expect but once it's losing, softclock() itself is never
   > called again...

   if the processor were stuck in a trap handler, say data miss (fill, spill,
   ...), that'd be at a higher priority than a interrupt like hard/soft clock,
   so it'd never be serviced.  right?

yeah. but then all/most other processing would stop as well?
i'm still quite fine with most of my interactive shells and
NFS is working fine still....

.mrg.