Subject: Re: sleep forever bug - not fixed :-(
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/05/2004 16:17:46
Greg Troxel said:

>Not trying to be difficult, but is that in a PR so we can be explicit
>about whether various people are testing the same code, and point
>people at the patch easily?   Do you mean the Steve Woodford
>insn_barrier patch of 2004-09-23, or something in the tree?

I have to correct myself. It looks like I'm running whatever was in the tree on
or around the end of July. I never did pull in  the insn_barrier patch.

The box is a U5/270 with 256megs, a Symbios Logic 53c875, and an IBM
IC35L018UWD210-0 18gig drive (40.000MB/s).

When I was running 1.6.2 on the box, the longest uptime of record was about
80 days.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com