Subject: Re: [2.0-RC1] shutdown is not clean
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Gerhards <HM-Gerhards@uni.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/01/2004 12:13:31
Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au> wrote:

>> Okay, I tried it now. The first thing I noticed was very astonishing to
>> me - there was no filecheck necessary on startup!
>
> Note that of course it's the *next* boot you need to worry about.

Sure. I didn't write this clearly, I see. I compiled the new kernel,
booted the system with it once and then I shut down, connected the
serial console and booted again. All messages in my last posting are
from this _second_ booting of the patched kernel.

And I booted the system again five minutes ago - no filechecking either!

Michael