Subject: Re: [2.0-RC1] shutdown is not clean
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Gerhards <HM-Gerhards@uni.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/31/2004 16:59:00
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:
>> psycho0: power button pressed, shutting down!
>> syncing disks... done
>
> Just curious - you do know about powerd(8)?

Yes I know. Perhaps you should have a look at the beginning of this
thread where I described my problem.

Although powerd is running, after every shutdown all partitions need to
be checked.

When I run "dkctl wd0 setcache -r" before shutting down, this checking
is not necessary.

> You should probably add "powerd=YES" to /etc/rc.conf. This will give you
> a much cleaner shutdown.

I have this entry in my rc.conf. But I don't know if powerd is really
running athe moment.
I waited for about 30-40 minutes after startup before I pressed the
power button, that should be enough time for the system to come up an
check all partitions, shouldn't it? As I already said, there is no
possibility for me to log in, neither via ssh nor via serial console. So
might be that powerd is not running at the moment.

Michael