Subject: Re: newbie with pkgsrc
From: George Adkins <george@webbastard.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/20/2004 23:42:55
>> How do I go about "upgrading" from 1.6.2 to 2.0_RC4 and the
>> pkgsrc-2004Q3 branch ?   Or can I get ISO images for 2.0_RC4 from
>> somewhere ?
>
> take a look at ftp://releng.netbsd.org -- but as i tried it just
> seconds ago it was not reachable?!
>
> alternatively, you can check out CVS: 'cvs co -r netbsd-2-0-RC4 -PA
> src'

Oh, and by the way, that was a 'No, we don't offer ISO images of the RC
versions anywhere'

this is one thing that I've asked about before and gotten either
a. nothing
b. told to do something else instead.

back during RC1, I actually went ahead and built the entire bit from
source and did the make an ISO image thing for Sparc64, and it was well
received by a number of people happy to have it.  I'm surprised that
this simple convenience is STILL BEING IGNORED by the NetBSD release
team.

--
George