Subject: bootstrapping ... me
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/15/2004 12:58:12
It's been 12 years since I did any kernel programming.  I have zero
experience in NetBSD's kernel and zero experience programming [s]mp kernels.
I can read though and even be somewhat skillful with gdb.  Given that
shining resume, I need a mentor or a brief tutorial.

I see the hooks for using serial port b for debugging in the kernel options
and I'd presume the best way to boot/test/load is via netboot, but is there
a better system that the second system could be?  <insert other q's>

Not wanting to consume bandwidth in everyone's mailboxes, could someone
spend a few moments and recommend to me a configuration that's effective?

Goals:
    - figure out why clamd will die, then panic, on sparc64 but run
flawlessly on i386.
    - figure out why my MP system panics when trying to idle other cpus.
    - etc.

thanks,

peter