Subject: re: ide controller error
To: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/13/2004 14:44:14
   On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:31:12AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
   > promise controllers have always been unstable on sparc64 in
   > my experience.  there are a few posts on port-sparc64 including
   > one from myself.  personally i suspect our promise-specific code
   > but just moved the promise card into my G4 and have used a
   > silicon image ATA100 IDE card, and current use a silicon image
   > 3112 SATA card.  helps performance a lot :)

   So, has anybody tried a 3114 SATAlink controller on a sparc64?  It
   looks like the "right thing" to hook up a a terabyte or so of SATA
   disk to a sparc, in a colo facility.  I'm curious if anybody
   has used this combination...

not yet, but i full expect it would work fine.  the 3112 card i
have hasn't given me a single problem in the 3 or 4 months since
i installed it, and it and the disks about 40% faster than the
older system i had -- which already was WAY better than the old
onboard ide crap :)  i'm pretty happy.

.mrg.