Subject: Re: NetBSD v2.0_RC1, successfully installed on 420R
To: Michael Gerhards <HM-Gerhards@uni.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2004 23:25:19
On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 09:19:18PM +0200, Michael Gerhards wrote:
> That sounds really bad. Actually, I wanted to use my Sun Ultra10 as a
> "production server" (at home only, but as a server) running NetBSD 2.0.

Well, experiences differ, obviously. I run a U2 as NFS server at work, and it
has been rock solid. I use a U5 as firewall/gateway at home and it shows
the typical ipf unstability we currently fight, but I haven't experienced
any sparc64 specific trouble with it.

> Would NetBSD 1.6.2 in your opinion be the better choice?

No way. 2.0 and -current are far superior.

Martin