Subject: Re: Booting Netra X1 with RAID-1 on /
To: Lurch <lurch@project3751.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/28/2004 20:58:13
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 05:35:34PM +0200, Lurch wrote:
> I?ve successfully got RAID-1 as / on the second disk of a Netra X1 but, when I
> reconstruct the first disk and then try to reboot it never boots again:

Did that drive, by chance, have a non-raid partition previously?
This may lead to an old superblock at the non-raid partition offset being
used by the bootblock (eroneosly, of course). Nuking the first ~128 sectors
of the disk before labeling it should help (but of course will destroy all
your partitions if it's in use already)

The bootloader should be smarter and check the partition type...

Martin