Subject: Re: firefox-gtk2 on sparc64
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/27/2004 09:34:04
> Is it possible to have something like firefox-gtk2 run remotely on
> sparc64 (Ultra 10), or is it not supported? It builds OK, but installing
> it gives "Buss error" messages. I have a feeling some X applications may
> not be supported, but why? I mean the Xserver is running on i386, while
> X applications would run remotely on sparc64, they don't really need any
> fancy graphics hardware, do they?

Well written applications should run on any platform.  X applications should
have no difficulty running remotely.  Unfortunately, it seems that firefox
doesn't run on sparc64.  Even when run with a local display, I get a bus
error.  You could try konqueror, as that runs on sparc64.

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/