Subject: Re: Re: Re: sleep sleeps forever (again)
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/23/2004 09:36:34
On Wed, Sep 22 2004 - 10:49, Soren Jacobsen wrote:
> On 09/22 18:06, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> > I did install snapshots of the 2.0-BETA from august and september (from
> > ftp2.fr.netbsd.org) and my Ultra10 keeps "freezing" when I come back to
> > work on the morning...
> >
> > I had the console pluggued on (via minicom) on my NetBSD/i386 but there
> > was no message and everything was locked.
>
> Did you shutdown the i386 when you left work?

 uh ? of course not :)
 what I did was
* SSH connect to the box (with a top running to keep session up)
* minicom connect (port B of the U10) and leave a connected root shell

 on the morning, SSH was disconnected and minicom not responding to
keyboard. when I powerred off/on, there was no need for fsck...

 I saw Solaris 8 asked (on installation) for automatic shutdown of idle.
 There I said "no" but could there be a clue here ?