Subject: Re: wuftpd and NetBSD 2.0 BETA
To: Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/22/2004 00:51:24
Vicky Staubly said:

>Are you sure you set up the chroot environment correctly? I think it's
>usually where the "home directory" for the ftp user is. It needs its
>own copy of ls (under bin), whatever shared libraries ls uses under
>lib, and an etc directory with simplified passwd file, and so on. You
>should be able to see what's there on your old server, but of course
>you'll need the sparc64 versions of the executables and libraries.

I just set it up on an i386 running -current. The problem seems to be that
more is needed to make ls work than just the ls binary and the shared
libraries.

If I toss in a static binary for ls, all works fine.

So the problem is:

1. How to recreate enough of a full copy of the NetBSD distribution in
   chrooted directory to make simple share objects work.

Or

2. Figure out how to hack /usr/src to produce static binaries.

And I've been running wuftpd on NetBSD since 0.9a.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com