Subject: Re: wuftpd and NetBSD 2.0 BETA
To: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@ekkobsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/21/2004 23:22:38
R. Tyler Ballance said:

>That should probably be redirected at the wu-ftpd team, I don't think it's
>something sparc64 specific. Send them your question with the config, or maybe
>give us more verbose errors ;) (I don't use wu-ftpd, so I can't say from
>experience)

1. I've been using wu-ftpd 2.6.2 on a NetBSD 1.4.1 server for a number of
   years. Built out of the box without using pkgsrc.

2. On NetBSD 2.x/sparc64/? it will only build from recent pkgsrc ( same
   source that builds out of the box on NetBSD 1.4 and 1.5.

3. After initial connection nothing is logged.

>Keep in mind however, wu-ftpd isn't the most secure ftp daemon ever. ;)

And NetBSD ftp lacks a number of features for anonymous servers. And it
seems to be on bugtraq recently.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com