Subject: XFree86 4.3
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: rian <in.horto.cum.pulchra@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2004 22:11:10
I just installed NetBSD 1.6.2 on my Ultra 5 ultrasparc machine. I
don't have a LOT of experience with running a Sun machine. My Ultra 5
has a Mach64 Video card, and according to the docs there is only a
work in progress framebuffer kernel driver. I read on the docs also
that XFree86 4.3 has userland drivers for most all sun video hardware.
What routes have others on the list taken to get XFree86 to run on
Mach64 Video card based systems? Are there usable kernel framebuffer
drivers for ATI Mach64 in the current kernel that i could use with
Xsun? Or can I use the XFree86 4.3 distribution from that the xfree
site? any help with this would be really appreciated. thanks!
-rian