Subject: Re: Bootable CD-ROM HowTo Question
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/18/2004 06:35:06
> > sunbootcd.sh will not error if you pass it the .gz
> >
> > 2) Are there any LE/BE/any-endian issues here? I'm making my ISO on an
> > i386 machine, as well as the sunlabel(8)'ing it.
>
>  I do my sparc64 boot CD on my i386 laptop.
>  I gunzip the boot file to match "sunbootcd.sh output.iso - - - - boot.fs".

Okay I'll re-build sparc64 -current from src and re-make the ISO, maybe
7/15 had some bad voodoo.  I just wish I could tell Sun OpenBoot to be
more verbose.

Also what do you set your OPF "boot-file" to?  It's unset / not set on
this machine.  I think Solaris defaults to "vmunix".

>  I even once did the mkisofs on OpenBSD/sparc64 and the sunbootcd.sh on my i386 NetBSD laptop.
>
>  Last iso I did was for 2.0-BETA a few (4 or 5) weeks ago.

I may have to ask you to post that somewhere, if you don't mind?

~Bri