Subject: sparc64 hardcore install
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <ppwb@club-internet.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/13/2004 14:07:06
Hi,

	Can one install a working NetBSD/sparc64 system on a hardrive
within a i386 box ?

	Installboot is multiplatform, but what about the
partitioning utility if any (non MS-DOS & MBR platform) ?
	And what about disklabel (endianness issues) ?

	Sure I could netboot my SUN Netra X1 or temporaly plug a CDrom
on it (both worked lately) to run NetBSD/sparc64 sysinst, but the point
is I would like, if possible, to arrive at the datacenter with a yet
ready to use sparc64 working harddrive and simply switch it with the
actual harddrives in the Netra. Thought I have no other sparc64 box.

	This would be a great/KISS/hardcore way to install multiplatform
NetBSDs imo. And I suppose the code somehow already exists since it's
actually used by the respective platforms sysinsts.

Advices are appreciated.
Thanks

Pierre-Philipp