Subject: Re: PS/2 Keyboard in an Ultra AXe giving me problems
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/04/2004 18:40:08
>> Is there any way we can probe the keyboard and determine its type
>> and layout?
> For sun keyboards (with standard sun serial connection), IIRC yes.

I think this true only for the newer keyboards.  I don't think anything
before a type-4 was capable of reporting its type; I'm fairly sure
there's no way for the host to distinguish between a type-2 and a
type-3, at least.

How relevant this is to sparc64 (as opposed to sparc), I don't know,
but if they're willing to run with type-3/type-2 keybaords....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign