Subject: Re: PS/2 Keyboard in an Ultra AXe giving me problems
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/04/2004 09:37:33
> I'm not sure (too late here), but I think we might need to create a special
> termcap entry for this "output emulates sun, input is standard pc" console
> mode.

That sounds reasonable - there is already an entry for the type 4 keyboard -
`sun-type4'.  You should be able to do something like:

  o  Find out what key sequences are sent by running `cat` and pressing each
     of the cursor, home, end, etc. keys.  For example:

	$ cat
	^[[B		# I pressed the down arrow key and saw <ESC> [ B

  o  Add these keys to a termcap entry.  Lets call it `sun-pc':

	sun-pc|Sun Workstation console with PC-style keyboard:\

     You can save this termcap entry in ~/.termcap and set $TERM to `sun-pc'
     The list of key names for the entries is in the termcap(5) manual page.
     For the other entries, search for `^sun' in /usr/share/misc/termcap.

Is there any way we can probe the keyboard and determine its type and layout?

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/