Subject: Re: PS/2 Keyboard in an Ultra AXe giving me problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: mrl <vlack-lists@vlack.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/03/2004 16:56:54
On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 16:36, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:40:25PM -0500, mrl wrote:
> > PS/2 Keyboard is attached and works ok for normal text entering. However
> > the Page Up/Page Down, Home, End, and arrow keys are not working for me
> > (the arrow keys output A,B,C,D, Page Up/Down does ?,/, etc).
>
> What keyboard type is that? I have one Sun style keyboard that concects to a
> standard PS/2 keyboard connector, but most PS/2 keyboards will be PC style.

PC-style.

(OT: where did you get your sun-style keyboard that connects to a PS/2
port? That would be pretty nifty for both this machine and PCs that I
use.)

> What $TERM are you using?

"sun-ss5" to begin with, although "less" was complaining, so I switched
to "sun" (I have "set term=sun in .tcshrc). Both of them exhibit this
behavior.

This is on the framebuffer of the AXe (which is an ATI Rage Pro... I can
get more details when I get home and take a look at dmesg, if you need
em. I think it's the same chip that's in the unsupported PGX
framebuffer, but don't quote me.)