Subject: Latest OpenLDAP and Cyrus SASL problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/01/2004 16:40:06
Hi,

Yesterday I updated most of the packages on my Ultra 1, which amongst
others included OpenLDAP 2.1.30 -> 2.2.13, and Cyrus SASL 2.1.18 ->
2.1.18nb3.

These two seem to have real problems at runtime, OpenLDAP crashes with a
text fault/illegal instruction when queried remotely, and Cyrus SASL
complains about an unresolved symbol, "" when loaded via OpenLDAP,
(either 2.1.30 or 2.2.13).

I've raised two PR's for these, pkg/26489 and pkg/26492 respectively.

The GCC I have installed is:

polymorph% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 20040209 (prerelease/NetBSD)

...which came with the snapshot ~ 1.6ZK.

As recommended, I'm currently running "make test" on the OpenLDAP pkg to
see if/where it falls over, i386 apparently passes all tests.

Anyone else seen this? In the meantime I've dropped back to the older
versions of OpenLDAP and Cyrus SASL as they seem to work without any
issues.

Matt