Subject: Re: 2.0_BETA (INSTALL) booting freeze after md0:
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <ppwb@club-internet.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/30/2004 10:05:55
Hi,

Quoting Andrey Petrov, 10:57 -0700 Wed 28th Jul 2004,
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:30:49AM +0200, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
> > I'm booting a Netra x1 w/ NetBSD 2.0_BETA (INSTALL).
> > It freezes after
> > 	md0: internal 5120 KB image area
>
> How did you build it? Have you changed kernel config?

I used a build from releng (french mirror),
	netbsd-2-0/200407150000/sparc64

Thought I don't get why the hostname I mkisofsed, cdrecorded and
sunbooted the CDrom is printed while booting,
	>> (nethence@niet.nethence.com, Sat Jun 26 19:14:40 CEST 2004)

> I suggest to try GENERIC or custom kernel.

I will try. I now have a 1-6 formal release installed so I can try to
boot another kernels easyly. Next time I drive to the datacenter that
netra x1 is in, I try.

Thanks

Pierre-Philipp