Subject: Re: Help?
To: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@ekkobsd.org>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/19/2004 14:19:01
On Jul 14, 2004, at 2:18 PM, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

>> To give, not ask ;)
>> (btw, yes, this is almost the exact same message I sent to port-sparc
>> :-P
>> Just to give a little background, I'm just off the ekkoBSD(.org)
>> project,
>> where I was a core member until, we decided that the project wasn't
>> going
>> anywhere.
>> Anyways, I maintained the sparc32 and sparc64 (not officially) for
>> the last
>> month or so, and I've collected 3 sparc station 5's since, and an
>> Ultra 2
>> (SMP). I'm wondering if
>> there's any way I can help NetBSD with my junk^H^H^H^Hstuff.
>>
>> I'm a CompEng student at Texas A&M, and I'm really looking for
>> anywhere to
>> help out, and learn more. (For example, with ekkoBSD, I originally
>> joined to
>> write a java client for 'pf', but then this cascaded into builds, pkgsrc
>> builds, debugging, lists, etc)
>>
>> I'm really open for anything, let me know ;)
>

>   Hmm...The "sleep sleeps forever" bug?  Or maybe the DEFPA driver
> endless loop bug that just shafted my plans for a new file server? 8-)
>
>           -Dave

Those are very important bugs to work on, I'm sure.  My suggestion is a
little more cosmetic, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway just
because I've been lazily waiting for someone to do it.  Maybe you'd
prefer something like this instead of those tough and nasty bugs.

Ultra 5 ATI Mach64 Video (framebuffer?) driver... I'd love to some day
see a working X on NetBSD on Sun Ultra 5.  You could be the one to make
NetBSD's sparc64 port the envy of all the other *BSD ports to this fine
architecture.  :-)

Regards,
Nobody.