Subject: Re: IDE-CDROM
To: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@jdboyd.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/13/2004 08:07:40
  Is anyone else using the Sun supplied IDE-CDROMs in an Ultra5?  I have

I installed 1.6.2 in an Ultra5 via the stock cdrom, and it booted off
it and installed fine.  Later I did a binary upgrade to netbsd-2-0 via
booting from cd and installing.   I had no problems, and I'm pretty
sure there were no such messages - i was using a serial console and
would have seen them.

My Ultra5 appears unstable with netbsd-2-0, though - I set it building
some stuff from pkgsrc and it wedged (it's remote now).
I may try running NetBSD/sparc userland on it.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>