Subject: Stop-A with a dumb terminal?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/08/2004 12:46:59
Sorry to ask this here, but searching on this problem hasn't exactly
been easy. I'm hoping someone just knows this.

I found an Ultra1 at work with one of the older motherboards (and an
140 something megahertz processor) so I'm going to play with it a
little. I connected it to a grimdows box with a serial cable and
Hyperterminal. I saw the firmware go through the boot stages, but I
didn't know how to stop it. I can't really type stop-a. I did notice
that after I shut it down it went to the ok prompt. I'm thinking of
netbooting it and I'd like to be able to stop it from booting from the
serial console.

Any ideas on how I might do this?

Thanks

Andy