Subject: Re: questions about pf import
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/30/2004 14:20:55
>> 	it IS core part of PF.  see spamd(8) and see interaction between
>> 	kernel PF and spamd on the userland.
>
>   Even if it's distributed with pf, that doesn't mean it's part
>of it.  While it may be of little use without pf, you don't
>need it at all to use pf, and unless you're doing SMTP mail
>with your machine running pf, it's not even used, correct?
>To me, that suggests it need not be installed on every NetBSD
>machine in the world...

	then why are we shipping sendmail and postfix in the default
	installation?  why are we shipping cvs even though netbsd is
	used by non-developer?  why are we shipping ssh even though
	netbsd machine could run by itself (without any remote login)?

	you're making accusation with no concrete thought.  it's meaningless.

itojun
PS: this would be the last response on this topic.