Subject: Keyboard input on Ultra 60
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/29/2004 14:57:52
I'm trying to get an Ultra 60 to run with a head (so that I can try out ffb
support).  I've run into a problem, in that keyboard key presses aren't
recognised.  When I press/release a key, com_rxsoft() in sys/dev/ic/com.c
is called but returns because the check for:

  if (!ISSET(tp->t_state, TS_ISOPEN)) {

is always true.  At attach time, sunkbd_attach() in sys/dev/sun/sunkbd.c is
called, but sunkbdiopen() and ttylopen() don't get called to set TS_ISOPEN.

This is with -current (June 22) with:

  wskbd*	at kbd?
  wsdisplay*	at ffb?

in the config file.  However, the latest auto built 2.0 beta doesn't work
either.

Which bit of glue am I missing here?

Thanks,

PS.  Thanks to Martin for helping get this far much faster than I would have
on my own.

--
  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/