Subject: Re: Re: RASTERCONSOLE still broken (for 1.6.2 and -current)?
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/03/2004 18:22:55
Hi,

I did compile a kernel with RASTERCONSOLE (and ffb) support yesterday on a Ultra5 running NetBSD-2.0-BETA and it compiled and rebooted OK. The only things are :

-> I don't see any differences (still a beautiful 80x25 black on white console on my 21" :)
-> "ATI rage pro" is still "unconfigured".
   I don't know if it's off-topic, but shouldn't it be recognised ?
   I saw you're (andrey) FTP session with U2 and U30 config file supporting the ffb so I thought my U5 would work :'(
   On OpenBSD 3.5, the video card work and is known as vgafb0...
   What is the state of the ffb ? still unsupported (as stated in sparc64 FAQ) ?

	Jo (who wishes he could turn he's U5 into a divx box ;)